Monuments and Landmarked Buildings
Staszów Market Square
Central point of the old town of Staszów, the Market Square is built in Renaissance style of architecture. It is roughly square-shaped.
Staszów Town Hall
Located at the center of the Market Square, the Town Hall is Staszów's primary landmark and its most recognizable building. It was built in the first half of the 17th century in Classic style of architecture, its construction ordered by Aleksander Czartoryski. It is a one-story, symmetrical brick building built on a square plan. It has wide hallways and a high, hipped, tiled roof. The building also has a clock tower (which used to be twice as high).
Tadeusz Kościuszko Memorial Statue
Located right next to the Town Hall, the Memorial Statue is the place where most important patriotic ceremonies are held: the Constitution of 3rd of May ceremonies and the National Independence Day ceremonies, celebrated on the 11th of November. For many years the Memorial was simply called "the statue", since it was rebuilt, repurposed and relocated multiple times in the past. It could also be called the only "traveler statue" in existence, since most likely no other monument in history had switched places that many times.
St. Bartholomew Church
The most valuable landmarked building in Staszów. The first church built at its spot dated back to the 12th century; unfortunately, not a trace remains of that wooden church – it was burned down to the ground in 1214 by Tatar invaders. In years 1342 – 1343 a stone and brick, gothic church was built in its place, christened the St. Bartholomew church. Its construction was funded by then-heir of Staszów, Dorota Tarnowska. The church was altered in the first half of 17th century. In 1610 a tower was added, and in years 1613 – 1618 the Holy Rosary Chapel, also known as the Tęczyński Chapel, was built. The church's interior was rebuilt in 1625, replacing the vaults and divisions.
Belfry of St. Bartholomew Church
Built in 1825 at the edge of church's veneer with stone and brick, the belfry represents the classic style of architecture. First level of the belfry is an arched gateway; on the second level there are three slender arcades with bells; finally the third level contains three round openings topped with a triangular abutment. The biggest of the three bells was cast by Jerzy Bagiński in 1862 in Kraków.
Holy Rosary Chapel of St. Bartholomew Church
Also known as the Tęczyński Chapel, the Holy Rosary Chapel was built in years 1610-1625 thanks to the efforts of Katarzyna Leszczyńska–Tęczyńska. The chapel is attached to the St. Bartholomew Church and it is one of Staszów's most valuable monuments. The chapel also contains a mausoleum of Katarzyna Tęczyńska's husband and son.
John of Nepomuk Wayside Shrine
This shrine is located atop a hill near the Opatowska street in Staszów. It was built in 1848 on top of an old burial ground - Austrian soldiers were buried in a nearby cemetery, which doesn't exist anymore.
Assumption of Mary and St. Augustine Church in Kurozwęki
Kurozwęki is a village located seven kilometers from Staszów. Records of its existence date back to the 13th century. The Assumption of Mary and St. Augustine Church is a particularly noteworthy building in Kurozwęki. Local parish was created in 1347. The church in its brick-and-stone form had already existed in the year 1470. Since 1487 it served as a parish church and as a temple for Canons Regular of the Lateran – the monks were brought to Kurozwęki from Kraków by Chancellor of Sandomierz and Treasurer of the Crown, Piotr of Kurozwęki. It was at that time that the church was expanded and a monastery built next to it. In 1827 the parish church and monastery were turned into a shelter for the elderly.
St. Roch Church
This small church, along with its surroundings, is a very charming and atmospheric place in Kurozwęki. It was built in the 17th century as a token of gratitude towards God for saving the residents of Kurozwęki from the epidemic outbreak which befell Staszów and its vicinity in 1705.
This palace's history dates back to the 14th century, when Dobiesław of Kurozwęki built a wood-and-stone brick castle here as the new home for his family. The castle was initially a stronghold and served a defensive purpose. It was also one of the very first brick castles built in Poland. Centuries have shaped the palace into its current form. We can admire its interesting shape and an excellent combination of its oldest Gothic fragments with later additions. Both the palace interior and its cellars can be visited by tourists who can explore them with guides. The palace's owners can also organize various events, such as medieval tournament re-enactments, artillery shows and medieval-styled dance fairs.
Transfiguration of Jesus Church in Wiśniowa
This stone church, located in Wiśniowa, was ceremoniously consecrated by Bishop Mikołaj Oborski on November 15, 1681. It used to belong to the Kiełczyn parish at that time. Wiśniowa became its own parish on July 10, 1810, thanks to the efforts of Eustachy Kołłątaj – heir of Wiśniowa.
Kołłątaj Palace in Wiśniowa
The Kołłątaj Palace, built in the 18th century and located in Wiśniowa, is one of the most interesting landmarked buildings in the Municipality of Staszów. The palace used to serve as a home for historic owners of Wiśniowa. Nowadays, it houses a kindergarten, elementary school and a library. The building was initially Baroque but towards the end of the 18th century Rafał Kołłątaj transformed it into a representative palace. Then it was rebuilt one more time in 19th century.
Assumption of Mary Church in Koniemłoty
Koniemłoty is one of the oldest villages in the Municipality of Staszów. Its history dates back to the times of king Bolesław Chrobry, who bestowed this village upon the Order of Saint Benedict monks from the Holy Cross Monastery. The parish of Koniemłoty has continuously existed since the 14th century. No trace remains of the original, wooden church.
Dzięki Palace in Wiązownica
A true curiosity of Wiązownica Kolonia is the Dzięki Palace complex, built in the latter half of the 19th century by Vasily Pogodin. It is a building that is sure to leave a lasting impression. The palace is two-story, it has 26 rooms which cover a total of 700 square meters. Since 1918 there had also been a forester's lodge in the building.
Tabernacle of Sielec
The history of Sielec is mostly connected to the local Evangelical-Reformed Church. Its tabernacle building has been serving as a chapel of the Roman-Catholic parish in Koniemłoty since 1980. The building stands about 100 meters away from the main road between Staszów and Stopnica.